Ministry to aid firms in Bahrainisation move
Manama, April 25, 2013
Bahrain’s Labour Ministry will hold meetings with private sector firms that do not strictly implement the Bahrainisation quota and suggest new mechanisms for recruitment of more Bahrainis to suitable jobs, said a top official.
This follows the government’s keenness to strike a balance between creating jobs for citizens and granting work permits for companies, assistant under-secretary for labour affairs at the Labour Ministry Dr Mohammed Ali Al Ansari was quoted as saying by the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
“The quota system has raised the percentage of Bahrainis in various jobs during the last few years. However, it needs to be developed further to cater to the needs of the labour market,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected
- Bahrain’s eGovt backs major ICT summit
- Teargas flies in Cairo as constitution takes shape
- Bahrain vows to build on reforms