Bahrain raises pensioners' payouts
Manama, April 16, 2013
Pensioners in Bahrain with a monthly payout of up to BD700 ($1,846) will be entitled to an increase of BD75, said a top government official.
A retiree whose pension is between BD700 and BD1,500 will be eligible for an increase of BD50, added parliament's financial and economic affairs committee chairwoman Latifa Al Gaoud yesterday.
The committee members held a meeting with Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa and discussed the government's response to MPs' demands concerning the state budget for 2013-2014, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News.
The meeting also stressed the need to implement the anti-inflation allowance criteria set by parliament by including three categories - BD100 increase for breadwinners earning a monthly salary of up to BD300; BD70 for those earning up to BD700; and BD50 for those with monthly income of up to BD1,000. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups