Rioters cause chaos across Bahrain
Manama, March 15, 2013
Several policemen were injured during clashes with rioters across Bahrain yesterday, while one was injured in an explosion in Bilad Al Qadeem area.
Rioters went on the rampage in different areas, where they attacked 10 schools, blocked roads, set several cars ablaze, and assaulted an Asian man, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
A police vehicle was also gutted after thugs attacked it with firebombs in Al Quraya.
The rampage followed calls for a strike by groups associated with the February 14 movement, which has been behind a spate of violence including attacks on police and blocking roads, the report said.
A bus loaded with gas cylinders was set on fire in A'ali, the report quoting sources said.
Traffic chaos was seen in many villages bordering capital Manama as roads were blocked using burning tyres, oil, trees and concrete blocks.
Meanwhile, a thug suspected of detonating a gas cylinder in the Southern Directorate yesterday has been arrested. A group of youths placed the cylinder on a pile of tyres and set them on fire causing an explosion at 1.30 am. -TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations
- Bahrain puts allowance hikes on fast track