Saudi executes 7 for armed robbery
Riyadh, March 13, 2013
Saudi Arabia on Wednesday executed seven men for an armed robbery committed when they were under 18, state media reported.
The seven, sentenced to death in 2009 for a crime committed in 2006, had been due to die last week, but were granted a stay of execution while the authorities reviewed their case.
The men, from Asir Province in the south of Saudi Arabia, were convicted of robbing a jewellery store.- Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies