Saudi executes 7 for armed robbery
Riyadh, March 13, 2013
Saudi Arabia on Wednesday executed seven men for an armed robbery committed when they were under 18, state media reported.
The seven, sentenced to death in 2009 for a crime committed in 2006, had been due to die last week, but were granted a stay of execution while the authorities reviewed their case.
The men, from Asir Province in the south of Saudi Arabia, were convicted of robbing a jewellery store.- Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi