Bahrain Crown Prince appointed First Deputy PM
Manama, March 11, 2013
Bahrain's His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa has appointed Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa as the First Deputy Prime Minister.
The appointment would allow the Crown Prince "to develop the performance of the apparatus of the executive branch", the state news agency BNA reported, citing a royal decree.
"This is pushing new blood into the cabinet, the new generation. I am very happy with the appointment. I think it is good for strong progress and change in Bahrain," said Sameera Rajab, Information Minister.
The Crown Prince was instrumental in pushing for a first round of talks between the government and the opposition after protests erupted in Bahrain in February 2011.
This latest attempt at a national dialogue, launched just last month, is also seen as largely due to his efforts. - Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost