Bahrain Shura approves draft on GCC flags
Manama, February 25, 2013
Bahrain’s Shura Council's legislative and legal committee yesterday approved a draft law on treating the GCC states' flags the same as Bahrain's flag, said a report.
The meeting was chaired by Dalal Jassim Al Zayed.
The draft law comes in the framework of implementing the decision of the GCC in its 32nd session held in Riyadh in December 2011, where penalties applied in case of exposing to GCC states' flag are equal to the penalties applied when exposing to the national flag of each country, said the report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The committee also decided to prepare its final supplementary report on the draft law amending some provisions of Law No 22 for the year 2006 on the protection of copyright and related rights, in the light of the recommendations and views submitted by the authorities the committee met with earlier.
The committee also decided to prepare its final supplementary report on the issues returned to the committee - articles 5 and 7 of the draft law on combating commercial fraud (prepared in the light of the proposal submitted by the Shura Council), in preparation for discussion during one of the next meetings.
The committee also approved a decree to establish and organise the Supreme Council for Environment and a draft law on the issuance of a law to organise the civil aviation sector. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose Fulbright moves London head to Dubai
- DSG ‘ready to implement Smart Dubai Strategy’
- Iraqi women protest new draft law
- Bahrain police 'face more danger in line of duty'
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track