Bahrain condemns Iran interference
Manama, February 14, 2013
Bahrain yesterday strongly condemned Iran for its "continuous and flagrant interference" in its internal affairs, our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News reported.
In a statement, parliament chairman Dr Khalifa Al Dhahrani strongly rejected Iran's meddlesome policies which flout the principles of good neighbourliness.
This followed a statement by Iranian assistant foreign minister Abbas Araqchi on including "Bahrain's crisis" in the agenda of negotiations between Iran and the 5+1 group in Kazakhstan.
"Iran is seeking to blackmail the international community on its controversial nuclear programme, using Bahrain as a bargaining chip," Dr Al Dhahrani said.
He accused Tehran of violating international covenants and targeting the sovereignty and independence of Bahrain, which enjoys full UN membership. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose names new ME head
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day