His Majesty King Hamad
Bahrain King invites opposition for key talks
Manama, January 22, 2013
His Majesty King Hamad has invited opposition parties to restart stalled talks in the latest effort to break a political deadlock in Bahrain beset by unrest, said a report.
Representatives of political societies and independent members of the political community in Bahrain will be invited to resume discussions initiated during the National Dialogue, according to the report published in our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News.
The Justice Minister will issue the invitations according to the royal guidance of His Majesty King Hamad.
The topics on the agenda will be issues on which consensus could not be reached during earlier dialogue.
The move aims to develop further consensus on the political agenda.
It is in conformity with His Majesty's speeches emphasising his continued support for a purposeful and serious dialogue as long as it serves the kingdom and its people. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups