Mohammed Ali Al Qaed
Bahrain opens nominations for eGovt awards
Manama, January 20, 2013
Bahrain has started inviting nominations for the sixth eGovernment Excellence Award 2013, a report said.
The nomination period will continue until February 21, and it is open to all innovative participants - individuals, government and private sectors as well as non-governmental organisations, said the report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
The eGovernment Authority (eGA) strongly believes in encouraging technological initiatives which comply with the recent practices in this field, creating a competitive climate to ensure that efficient high-quality services are provided for Bahrainis and expatriates, said eGA chief executive Mohammed Ali Al Qaed.
The award is part of the eGA's programme to raise awareness by launching special programmes for innovative activities to enhance Bahrain's image as a distinguished destination to boost several sectors and strongly support ambitious initiatives in the ICT field.
The winners will be announced during the opening of Bahrain International eGovernment Forum 2013 which will be held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister and chairman of the Supreme Committee for Information and Communication Technology Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa.
This year's awards consist of 10 categories divided into three sectors - government, multi-sector and individuals.
The government sector includes four categories - Best eContent, Best eService, eMaturity and Best eProject. The multi-sector Best ICT Solutions Provider, eEconomy, eEducation and eNGO. The individuals category includes eCitizen and Best eConcept.
The eCitizen award will be decided on a citizen's effective participation by the highest number and volume of transactions conducted on the eGovernment portal during the last year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'