Bahrain offers plan to spur jobs for women
Manama, January 20, 2013
Bahrain will grant incentives for private companies that raise rates of employment of women or any categories that the Labour Ministry requests to be integrated in these companies, said a senior government official.
“We are not talking about quota but incentives only and programmes have been put in place to this effect,” Labour Minister Jameel Humaidan was quoted as saying in our sister newspaper the Gulf Daily News.
The Labour Ministry and Labour Market Regulatory Authority have set up a joint committee to review Bahrainisation percentages in the labour force, which will be announced after consultation with relevant authorities, he said.
The study will follow objective criteria that take into account job positions preferred by Bahrainis, types of jobseekers, levels of jobs on offer, increase in employees’ productivity and related salaries, he said, describing the drive as “qualitative and not quantitative Bahrainisation”. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery