Image credit: Dr Ajay Kumar Singh / Shutterstock.com
Bahrain offers big benefits for the elderly
Manama, January 7, 2013
The elderly in Bahrain will enjoy a massive 50 per cent reduction of fees on a wide range of services including construction, property deeds and municipal taxes on renting houses and flats, a report said.
The elderly will be supplied with special cards entitling them to reduced fees for renewing driving licences and passports, procuring ID cards, documents for house-help and for registering cars, according to the report published in our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News.
Fees on special rooms at Salmaniya Medical Complex will also be slashed by half for the elderly.
The ministries of Social Development and Finance were instructed to co-ordinate with authorities concerned to issue the elderly cards. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- Saudi to allow expats with new work visas
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret