Talabani to be transferred to Germany
Baghdad, December 19, 2012
Iraq's President Jalal Talabani is in stable condition and will be transferred to Germany within a day for treatment after suffering a stroke, one of his medical team said on Wednesday.
"Most likely he will be transferred within 24 hours," Najmaldin Karim, the governor of Iraq's Kirkuk city who is also part of the president's medical team, told Reuters.
He said a team of doctors from Germany who had treated Talabani for past illnesses had recommended he be moved there after evaluating him in a Baghdad hospital. - Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi