Talabani to be transferred to Germany
Baghdad, December 19, 2012
Iraq's President Jalal Talabani is in stable condition and will be transferred to Germany within a day for treatment after suffering a stroke, one of his medical team said on Wednesday.
"Most likely he will be transferred within 24 hours," Najmaldin Karim, the governor of Iraq's Kirkuk city who is also part of the president's medical team, told Reuters.
He said a team of doctors from Germany who had treated Talabani for past illnesses had recommended he be moved there after evaluating him in a Baghdad hospital. - Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery
- Global customs IT summit opens in Dubai
- K&L Gates advises Nabil on Carlyle deal