Saudi King Abdullah leaves hospital
Riyadh, December 13, 2012
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah left hospital on Thursday, Saudi state television said, nearly four weeks after an 11-hour back operation.
"The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques leaves the National Guard King Abdulaziz Medical City," Al Ekhbariya television said in a screen caption.
Saudi state television later showed footage of the monarch walking slowly surrounded by members of the royal family, including Crown Prince Salman. He climbed into a car.
The 89-year-old king appeared in good health when he appeared on Saudi state television on November 28. He was shown then sitting in a chair chatting with members of the royal family. - Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day