Bahrain reviews quality management issues
Manama, December 11, 2012
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday chaired the third periodic meeting to review the quality management system, according to a report.
The meeting discussed issues related to application of quality management system and evaluated its effectiveness. Goals of each ministerial department were evaluated and results showed that customer satisfaction with the services exceeded 80 per cent, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The meeting discussed internal audit outputs, where the highest percentage of non-compliance cases reached 35 per cent. Training programmes implemented by the ministry, in a bid to empower its employees, were reviewed and it was found that participants' awareness of quality system was raised by 60 per cent.
The meeting concluded by announcing that external audit would take place in mid-January. The minister urged to intensify efforts to maintain the gains obtained so far and hoped the ISO certification would be renewed.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'