Bahrain reviews quality management issues
Manama, December 11, 2012
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday chaired the third periodic meeting to review the quality management system, according to a report.
The meeting discussed issues related to application of quality management system and evaluated its effectiveness. Goals of each ministerial department were evaluated and results showed that customer satisfaction with the services exceeded 80 per cent, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The meeting discussed internal audit outputs, where the highest percentage of non-compliance cases reached 35 per cent. Training programmes implemented by the ministry, in a bid to empower its employees, were reviewed and it was found that participants' awareness of quality system was raised by 60 per cent.
The meeting concluded by announcing that external audit would take place in mid-January. The minister urged to intensify efforts to maintain the gains obtained so far and hoped the ISO certification would be renewed.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery