Bahrain reviews quality management issues
Manama, December 11, 2012
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday chaired the third periodic meeting to review the quality management system, according to a report.
The meeting discussed issues related to application of quality management system and evaluated its effectiveness. Goals of each ministerial department were evaluated and results showed that customer satisfaction with the services exceeded 80 per cent, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The meeting discussed internal audit outputs, where the highest percentage of non-compliance cases reached 35 per cent. Training programmes implemented by the ministry, in a bid to empower its employees, were reviewed and it was found that participants' awareness of quality system was raised by 60 per cent.
The meeting concluded by announcing that external audit would take place in mid-January. The minister urged to intensify efforts to maintain the gains obtained so far and hoped the ISO certification would be renewed.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’