Abu Dhabi Customs foils drug smuggling bid
Abu Dhabi, November 27, 2012
Inspectors from the General Directorate of Customs in Abu Dhabi have foiled an attempt by an individual of Pakistani background to smuggle 4.189 kg of drugs in Abu Dhabi Airport.
This occurred after the inspectors found clear bags containing brown materials that were hidden in the base and top layers of the smuggler’s suitcase. It was later concluded that the bags contained heroin.
Saeed Ahmed Abdullah Al Muhairi, director general of General Directorate of Customs in Abu Dhabi, said: “On this important occasion, we would like to express that we are very proud of the efficiency and professionalism that our customs’ inspectors have reached to, following their hard work and tedious efforts to protect the UAE from potential harm that could affect its society or economy alike.”
Hamad Al Hurr Al Suwaidi, chairman of the Department of Finance (DoF), said that DoF pays special attention to customs activities in terms of developing and raising work efficiency, which is evident in high number of failed smuggling attempts and seizers that customs officials are taking part in.
Al Suwaidi also praised the diligent and constant attention given by the UAE’s leadership to various government parties and agencies to enhance work processes thereby allowing the UAE to become recognised on many levels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'
- Kuwaiti Emir undergoes minor surgery
- Special court to deal with travel bans backed