Suez revenue soars to $443m
Cairo, November 10, 2012
The revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal rose 1.8 per cent to $443.1 million in October compared to $435.3 million the previous month, the canal's official website said on Saturday.
The revenue had it $447.9 million in October last year. The waterway is one of the country's main sources of foreign currency, alongside tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel