Iraq to buy 18 US F-16 fighters
Baghdad, October 18, 2012
Iraq has signed a contract to buy its second set of 18 US-made F-16 fighters, part of an initial agreement to purchase 36 of the jets to rebuild its air force, Iraq's acting defence minister said on Thursday.
Baghdad signed an initial deal for 18 jets in September last year valued at roughly $3 billion and those aircraft are scheduled to be delivered by September 2014. Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki later said Iraq would buy double that number.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day