No foreign intervention in Bahrain talks
Manama, June 25, 2012
No foreign mediators will be brought in to act as a go-between in any dialogue between opposing factions in Bahrain, His Majesty King Hamad stated yesterday (June 24).
'A Bahraini affair is a purely internal matter which concerns no one else but Bahrainis,' he said as he chaired the weekly Cabinet session at Sakhir Palace in the presence of HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
The King offered his backing to social initiatives designed to promote national unity and urged people to shun violence, hate-mongering and sectarianism.
'This is the essential role of NGOs, clerics, writers, thinkers, journalists and cultural figures to serve their nation and society,' he said.
Meanwhile, the King urged the Social Development Ministry and Education Ministry to work in tandem with organisations dealing with youth, sport and information to ensure younger generations do not stray.
He also directed the Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments Ministry to take tough action against anyone misusing mosques to incite violence.
'The mosque should not be exploited to incite hatred and instigate violence,' said the King.
He also paid tribute to those who have stood by the country and pledged that Bahrain was well placed to maintain security and defeat all forms of terror.
'What happened in Bahrain will never happen again,' said the King. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- UAE to make doping horses a criminal offence
- Bahrain puts Hizbollah on terror list
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case