No foreign intervention in Bahrain talks
Manama, June 25, 2012
No foreign mediators will be brought in to act as a go-between in any dialogue between opposing factions in Bahrain, His Majesty King Hamad stated yesterday (June 24).
'A Bahraini affair is a purely internal matter which concerns no one else but Bahrainis,' he said as he chaired the weekly Cabinet session at Sakhir Palace in the presence of HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
The King offered his backing to social initiatives designed to promote national unity and urged people to shun violence, hate-mongering and sectarianism.
'This is the essential role of NGOs, clerics, writers, thinkers, journalists and cultural figures to serve their nation and society,' he said.
Meanwhile, the King urged the Social Development Ministry and Education Ministry to work in tandem with organisations dealing with youth, sport and information to ensure younger generations do not stray.
He also directed the Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments Ministry to take tough action against anyone misusing mosques to incite violence.
'The mosque should not be exploited to incite hatred and instigate violence,' said the King.
He also paid tribute to those who have stood by the country and pledged that Bahrain was well placed to maintain security and defeat all forms of terror.
'What happened in Bahrain will never happen again,' said the King. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day