Bahrain Parliament by-election today
Manama, June 16, 2012
Voters have started casting their vote in the parliamentary by-election for Bahrain's Muharraq constituency.
Four candidates - Sameer Kadhem, Mubarak Mukhaima, Dr Abdulrahman Buali and Hind Bucheery - go head to head in the bypolls to fill the constituency eight seat vacated by Ghanim Al Buainain, who was appointed Minister of State for Foreign Affairs in April.
There are 8,128 registered eligible voters who can cast their ballots from 8am to 8pm at the Hidd Intermediate and Secondary Girls Schools and two general polling centres outside the constituency located at Bahrain City Centre and Bahrain International Airport.
Bahrainis living or travelling abroad have already cast their ballots at Bahrain's embassies and consulates in Amman, Cairo, Riyadh and Abu Dhabi.
If no candidate secures more than 50 per cent of the votes, a second round of voting will be held next Saturday for the top two candidates, with overseas voting on Tuesday.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Top court quashes UK sanctions on Iranian bank
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations