Bahrain sees new dialogue with opposition
Manama, June 5, 2012
Opposition groups in Bahrain have shown genuine interest in taking part in a new national dialogue that would include participants from across the political spectrum, government officials said.
The Information Affairs Authority (IAA) noted that the latest efforts to reach a political solution had been met with the "same spirit in which they are being offered".
It noted a member of Al Wefaq had gone on record echoing that sentiment stating there was a real intention to reach a political solution through dialogue," it said in a statement.
However, the IAA said "no single group or party has the mandate to dictate the terms of reforms in Bahrain".
"Reconciliation and reaching an inclusive resolution is not an option, it is a necessity for all of Bahrain," it said.
"Dialogue, engagement and active participation from across the political spectrum is essential."
During the weekly Cabinet meeting on Sunday, the government announced the doors were open for dialogue as long as it was inclusive and engages all parties. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi