Bahrain celebrates historic UK ties
London, May 19, 2012
Bahrain's historic UK ties were underlined yesterday as His Majesty King Hamad attended celebrations to mark Queen Elizabeth's diamond jubilee.
He was accompanied by wife, Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, and son, Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, as he joined kings and queens from around the world for a banquet at Windsor Castle.
He congratulated the world's longest-ruling monarch and praised her role in strengthening ties with Bahrain. His Majesty also wished Queen Elizabeth health and happiness and more growth to Britain.
His Majesty and HRH Princess Sabeeka were welcomed on arrival at Windsor Castle by the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip.
Bahraini students studying in Britain gathered outside the castle, carrying Bahraini flags and photographs of the leaders, reaffirming allegiance to the leadership. They also carried messages of good wishes for the Queen.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost