Bahrain celebrates historic UK ties
London, May 19, 2012
Bahrain's historic UK ties were underlined yesterday as His Majesty King Hamad attended celebrations to mark Queen Elizabeth's diamond jubilee.
He was accompanied by wife, Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, and son, Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, as he joined kings and queens from around the world for a banquet at Windsor Castle.
He congratulated the world's longest-ruling monarch and praised her role in strengthening ties with Bahrain. His Majesty also wished Queen Elizabeth health and happiness and more growth to Britain.
His Majesty and HRH Princess Sabeeka were welcomed on arrival at Windsor Castle by the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip.
Bahraini students studying in Britain gathered outside the castle, carrying Bahraini flags and photographs of the leaders, reaffirming allegiance to the leadership. They also carried messages of good wishes for the Queen.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day