NAO completes Bahrain ministry audit
Manama, May 13, 2012
National Audit Office (NAO) auditor-general Hassan Khalifa Al Jalahma yesterday announced the completion of the audit on the accounts of ministries and other government entities for 2011.
The "consolidated final account of the state" has also been audited and submitted with the audit opinion to the Finance Minister.
The account will be submitted to the cabinet for review before finally directing it to the council of representatives.
The NAO has also followed up the audit observations and recommendations of the last year's audit reports to ensure that the ministries and other government entities have implemented the recommendations of the report in accordance with the NAO law.
Furthermore, the NAO has completed the audit of Future Generation Reserve Account for 2011 and has sent the audit opinion to the of Finance Minister, who is also the chairman of the Future Generation Reserve Council.
Al Jalahma said the audits were carried out in accordance with the auditing standards issued by the "International Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions" and in accordance with the annual audit plan of the NAO.
He also added that the NAO is currently preparing the annual report on the consolidated account of the state and final accounts of ministries and other governments subjected to audit, and the results of the performance and administrative audits which will be submitted to His Majesty King Hamad, the Cabinet and the council of representatives in October.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day