Bahrain launches new growth strategy
Manama, February 19, 2012
Bahrain has started implementing a new strategy to improve the living standards of its citizens, Human Rights and Social Development Minister Dr Fatima Al Balooshi said.
The strategy has been mapped out in co-operation with the World Bank and will avail of the experiences of other countries, reported our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
Dr Al Balooshi was replying to a question by MP Salman Al Shaikh on Bahrain’s criteria on measuring and combating poverty.
The ministry’s programmes aim to help low-skilled people and the unemployed, she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi