Bahrain deports six illegal Americans
Manama , February 15, 2012
Six “activists” with American citizenship were detained for taking part in illegal demonstrations and later deported after it was found they had acquired tourist visas under false pretences, the Information Affairs Authority said last night.
Kate Raphael Bender, Kristin Razowsky, Patricia Wieland, Michael Anthony Lopercio, Brian David Terrell and Linda Sartor arrived in Bahrain over the past week, obtaining tourist visas upon arrival at the airport.
On Saturday, Huwaida Arraf and Radhika Sainath, two of the organisers of the group, were detained and deported.
“People coming to visit Bahrain need to understand that lying on immigration documents is against the law and they will face the consequences of their actions,” warned a Directorate of Immigration official. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’