Bahrain to set up new probe committee
Manama, December 10, 2011
The Public Prosecution has set up a committee to investigate cases relating to deaths, torture and inhuman treatment. The panel will be under the direct authority of Public Prosecutor Dr Ali bin Fadhl Al Buainain.
The Interior Minister had earlier ordered the cases to be referred to the Public Prosecution.
'The Public Prosecution is an independent and impartial judicial authority dedicated to revealing the truth and scrutinising complaints, taking into account the provisions of the law,' Mr Al Buainain said.
He said the cases would be investigated objectively and transparently and any person found guilty will be referred to the court.
CCTV cameras will be installed to ensure audiovisual recording of detainees' interrogations.
The moves are in line with the ministry's resolve to carry out the recommendations cited in the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry report.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery