Millions of Muslims join Haj rituals
Mina, November 7, 2011
Millions of Muslims on Sunday stoned pillars representing the devil in a symbolic rejection of temptation on the second day of their annual Haj pilgrimage, a day that also marks the start of Eid Al Adha.
Vast crowds cast pebbles as they flowed past the three pillars, which now resemble curved walls, in a four-level sprawling concrete structure built to expedite the flow of pilgrims.
The ritual will be repeated for two more days, with participants eventually throwing stones at all three pillars.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel