Millions of Muslims join Haj rituals
Mina, November 7, 2011
Millions of Muslims on Sunday stoned pillars representing the devil in a symbolic rejection of temptation on the second day of their annual Haj pilgrimage, a day that also marks the start of Eid Al Adha.
Vast crowds cast pebbles as they flowed past the three pillars, which now resemble curved walls, in a four-level sprawling concrete structure built to expedite the flow of pilgrims.
The ritual will be repeated for two more days, with participants eventually throwing stones at all three pillars.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery