MoF, NBAD to unveil new e-payment solution
Abu Dhabi, October 4, 2011
UAE’s Ministry of Finance (MoF) and the National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) will launch the second generation of a multi-faceted system that covers a range of uses pertaining to e-payments at the upcoming Gitex in Dubai.
The second generation of E-Dirham utilizes the latest available IT advancements and follows global best practices in security and efficiency, and provides new channels for e-payment in the UAE connected to global payment networks.
Both entities will be sharing a stand at the event which will take place from October 9-13 at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre. MoF and NBAD will also be taking part in Gitex Shopper 2011 from October 8-15 at the Dubai Airport Expo Centre.
Younis Haji Al Khouri, Undersecretary of MoF, indicated the Ministry of Finance was one of the pioneers in supporting the UAE’s vision in positioning the country as a leading nation with regards to government services.
The launch of the G2 E-Dirham will provide users with a state-of-the-art mechanism for payments.
“MoF aims at continuously enhancing e-payment methods applied in government and private domains, in line with our aim to rationalize the UAE’s financial resources and achieve sustainable development for the nation,” said Al Khouri.
“Our partnership with the National Bank of Abu Dhabi in launching the second generation of the E-Dirham reflects our commitment to cooperate with local financial and banking institutions to develop the most efficient and advanced financial services,” he added.
Saif Al Shehhi, senior general manager of the Domestic Banking Division of NBAD, said: “The National Bank of Abu Dhabi was selected for this project due to the vast expertise that the bank holds in developing innovative e-services.”
“As one of the leading banks in the UAE, we believe in the enhancement of joint efforts between the public and private sectors in the UAE due to the positive impact these partnerships will have on the financial growth that the nation is witnessing,” he added.
MoF and NBAD will be distributing 45,000 prepaid E-Dirham cards, which are compatible with Visa, to Gitex Technology Week and Gitex Shopper visitors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'
- Kuwaiti Emir undergoes minor surgery
- Special court to deal with travel bans backed