Bahrain to hold 2nd round of elections
Manama, September 26, 2011
While five new MPs were elected in Bahrain’s parliamentary by-elections, there were no outright winners in nine remaining constituencies, which will host a second round of voting next Saturday (October 1).
Candidates required more than 50 per cent of the vote in their constituency to win.
If no winner was declared, the two highest scoring candidates in each area will face off in the second round.
The five elected MPs included three in Manama and two in the Northern Governorate. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups