IBA offers 50 Arab law scholarships
Dubai, August 9, 2011
The International Bar Association (IBA), a global organisation of law societies, is offering scholarships to cover travel, accommodation and registration costs for 50 Arab lawyers to attend its upcoming annual conference in Dubai.
The IBA Annual Conference will take place from October 30 to November 4 at the Dubai International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
“The IBA Host Committee, made up of 15 firms, has been very generous offering this number of scholarships,” said Essam Al Tamimi, chairman of the IBA Conference Host Committee.
“Given this is the first time the IBA Conference is being held in the Middle East, we are hoping that this encourages legal practitioners from across the region to participate in the conference.”
“The IBA’s Annual Conference is by far the most significant international gathering in the legal world. This year we are expecting over 4000 of the world’s most influential lawyers and legal professionals,” said Reza Mohtashami, head of the arbitration practice of Freshfields, a member of the IBA conference host committee.
“It is a fitting tribute to the Middle East and the IBA host committee that they are providing such a large number of generous scholarships for young Arab lawyers to attend its first Annual Conference in the Middle East.”
“Knowledge transfer and investment in education remain key pillars of the growth plans for the Middle Eastern countries and this will go some way to achieving these objectives,” Mohtashami added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- UAE to make doping horses a criminal offence
- Bahrain puts Hizbollah on terror list
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case