Lootah promoted as DM chief
Dubai, January 8, 2009
UAE Vice-President and Prime Minister and Dubai Ruler Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum has promoted Hussain Nasser Lootah as the new director general of Dubai Municipality.
Lootah had been working as the acting director general of the municipality since February 2, 2006.
The appointment of Lootah came as a reward from Shaikh Mohammed for his sincere efforts and constructive ideas which contributed remarkably in enhancing the standard of civic services as well as oversaw the implementation of several ambitious projects in Dubai, said a Dubai Municipality press release.
Sheikh Mohammed lauded Lootah for his effective performance as the acting director general of the municipality, it said.
Lootah extended his gratitude and appreciation for the trust placed on him by the Dubai ruler and he vowed that he would spare no efforts in serving the nation and the people.
He noted that Dubai Municipality would go ahead with implementing its development and service projects in the best interests of the nation, the citizens and the society at large.
A civil engineering graduate from the US, Lootah began his career as an engineer with the federal ministry for electricity and water.
He joined the municipality in 1985 as assistant head of a section, and was later promoted to the post of director for the drainage department.
Lootah was appointed assistant director general for Environment and Public Health Affairs with the departments of Public Health, Environment, Public Parks and Horticulture and Drainage and Irrigation reporting to him.
In 2004, he was transferred to the post of the assistant director general for Planning and Building Affairs to look after the departments of the Planning & Survey, Building and Government Housing, Geographical Information Systems Centre and Statistics Centre.
He also chaired a number of committees in the municipality such as the Technical Committee, Strategic Plan Committee, e-Government Committee, Personnel Committee, and organizing committees of a number of conferences organised by the municipality.
He was also instrumental in winning some 40 local, regional and international awards for Dubai Municipality.
As acting director of the municipality, Lootah had unveiled a strategic plan for the civic body (2007-2011) which was aligned with the Dubai Strategic Plan for 2015.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Saudi sets up panel on labour disputes
- Sand-dredging bill is hit by funding row
- Saudi rejects Maliki's charges on funding militants
- Independent foreign policy non-negotiable: Qatar
- Bahrain to crack down on bogus investments
- Bahrain urged to set up national plan to fight cyber crime
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- New law on family violence on the way in Bahrain
- Four blast suspects are remanded in Bahrain
- Bahrain to step up war on terror
- Norton Rose Fulbright moves London head to Dubai
- DSG ‘ready to implement Smart Dubai Strategy’
- Iraqi women protest new draft law
- Bahrain police 'face more danger in line of duty'
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest