Etisalat to offer cloud services with GlobeX
Dubai, November 18, 2013
Etisalat, a leading telecom group in the region, has partnered with GlobeX Data, a cloud storage technology provider, to offer secure data storage and back-up services for critical business data and applications.
The partnership enables Etisalat to introduce the DigitalSafe and SecurusVault technologies in the Middle East, a statement said.
The two new services are designed with Swiss high encryption and privacy technology architecture and ensure that there is 100 per cent assured safety and confidentiality of critical information, the statement added.
Abdulla Hashim, senior vice president ICT, Etisalat UAE, said: “Data is at the heart of any organizational activity; therefore it is crucial for organizations to protect their data and back it up regularly. With business continuity gaining popularity in the region, an increasing number of individuals and corporations are faced with the burden of handling confidential digital data.”
“Recognizing the need for top-notch services to address this issue, we have partnered with GlobeX Data to bring to the Middle East market two new data storage and back-up offerings.
“The two new technologies follow the highest standards of confidentiality and privacy, and have been designed keeping the clients’ needs and requirements in mind. Further, the services use eco-friendly technology, in line with Etisalat’s commitments to adopt sustainable practices for growth and development,” he added.
The DigitalSafe technology features a protected digital vault for the safekeeping of confidential information. Using a mobile- and web-based secure cloud storage application, clients can share individual files with specific people, maintain multiple file versions, store passwords, bank details, travel documents and much more, with full security and privacy.
The service, which follows a complete ‘Go Green’ technology format, ensures 24x7 monitoring of network infrastructure, as well as physical security in datacenters.
SecurusVault allows clients to back-up vital data and applications on an online platform, using a downloadable application with a simplified, user-friendly interface. Clients can access their data from anywhere, at any time. The service follows a pay-as-you-go model and uses a military grade encryption system, which ensures complete confidentiality and security of the stored data.
Alain Ghiai, CEO of GlobeX Data Group, said: “We are pleased to partner with Etisalat to bring to the region our two state-of-the-art technology offerings. At GlobeX Data, we firmly believe in establishing long-term partnerships with the best organizations that constantly offer innovative solutions to promote business and individual developments.
“Our partnership with Etisalat is part of a tradition of aligning ourselves with the best in the market and we look forward to servicing Etisalat’s client base globally.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m