Microsoft gives tips on generating income from apps
Manama, November 18, 2013
A workshop showing developers how to generate income from their applications on Windows 8.1 was organised by Microsoft Bahrain.
Held under the theme 'Building your first App on Windows 8.1', the two-day workshop introduced participants to Windows 8.1 and taught them how to develop applications for mobile phones, tablets and desktops, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The 'App Academy' for developers was hosted by AMA International University at its auditorium. The programme highlighted all steps from design to implementation, showing Windows 8.1 tools and features.
"This is just one way that Microsoft is offering developers free tools and resources to build apps," Microsoft regional country manager for Bahrain and Oman Tareq Hijazi said.
"Microsoft is committed to giving developers the skills needed to stay ahead of the game, with the latest cutting edge technologies grooming them for better career opportunities.
"We realise that innovation is needed to help economies rebuild, and offer developers - professionals and students - a variety of programmes to help them learn new application development skills and differentiate themselves in a competitive job market.
The session was attended by more than 80 developers.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services