LTE is the future, says expert
Doha, November 4, 2013
Long Term Evolution or LTE, a high speed wireless data technology, is the future and the whole world will have LTE at some point in the future, an expert has predicted.
Speaking at the TECHtalks series organised by the Qatar Science & Technology Park (QSTP), Dr Amer I El-Saigh, head of networks at Vodafone Qatar, said LTE will fulfill its objectives very well.
Dr El-Saigh gave an overview of the technical and industrial history of wireless technology and addressed how the advent of new wireless technologies is set to revolutionise the telecommunications sector in Qatar and around the world.
Dr El-Saigh has been instrumental in the development and roll out of technologies including GPRS, AMR, EDGE and 3G in the country. He has also led various collaborative research initiatives with academic institutions in Qatar, including Texas A&M University (TAMUQ), where he was an adjunct associate professor. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions