Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Al-Thani,
chairman of Ooredoo
Ooredoo net profit slides 58pc in Q3
Dubai, October 31, 2013
Net profit at Qatari telecoms company Ooredoo plunged in the third quarter mainly because of foreign exchange losses from its Indonesian affiliate Indosat, the company said yesterday.
Profit fell 58 per cent to QR337 million ($92.6m), from QR804 million in the same period a year earlier. Indonesia's rupiah fell sharply during the quarter, from around 9,900 against the US dollar to about 11,500, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Analysts had expected only a 12 per cent drop in Ooredoo's third-quarter profit.
Excluding foreign exchange factors, net profit for the third quarter of this year would have been flat from a year earlier.
Consolidated revenue in the third quarter fell 1.4 per cent to QR8.51 billion.
For the first nine months of this year, net profit dropped 4.0 per cent to QR2.07 billion, while revenue rose 2.6 per cent to QR25.65 billion. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit