Mobily to distribute $246m Q3 dividends
Jeddah, October 30, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said its board has approved the distribution of dividends worth SR924 million ($246 million) to the shareholders for the third quarter.
An affiliate of the UAE telco Etisalat, Mobily had yesterday reported a forecast-beating net profit for the third quarter which rose 11.7 per cent as revenue from corporate and wholesale customers grew.
Saudi's No 2 telecom company made a third-quarter net profit of SR1.69 billion, up from 1.51 billion riyals in the prior-year period.
The proposed dividend, which represents 12 per cent of the face value, will be distributed on November 12, remarked its chairman Abdulaziz Saleh AlSaghyir.
Only those shareholders who have their names in the Securities Depository Center (Tadawul) registry by November 4 will be eligible for the dividends which is equal to SR1.20 per share, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi