Zebra launches Link-OS in Mideast
Dubai, October 21, 2013
Zebra Technologies Corporation, a global leader in products and services that provide visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, has launched innovations designed to help accelerate the adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions in the Middle East.
These include the Zebra Link-OS, an operating system that pairs a software development kit and software apps with smart Zebra devices, which the company is presenting at Gitex 2013 running in Dubai till October 24.
The operating system allows users to easily integrate, manage and maintain Zebra’s suite of printers from multiple locations.
“Zebra is committed to providing innovative technologies from smart printers to real-time tracking technologies to help organisations gain better visibility into their operations, in the Middle East,” said Pratik Kajaria, territory manager, Middle East.
“Through Link-OS, we are introducing to the region the means to integrate our printers into a rapidly evolving cloud-based wireless world with an ever increasing number of smart devices,” said Kajaria.
Link-OS is designed to easily facilitate cloud-based applications and supports the four essential components that Zebra recommends for the implementation of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, which refers to smart interconnected devices that provide more visibility into organisations’ operational events.
The set of apps that Zebra offers are supported across a wide range of smart phones, tablets and other computer systems to help customers manage printers in a building or across the globe. Additionally, the open platform software development kit makes it simple to build powerful apps for multiple platforms and create new user experiences.
The four essentials for organisations to consider when choosing IoT-enabling technology solutions include connected devices to provide network connectivity and data; internet access everywhere; easy remote device management; and application connectivity. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m