Inmarsat showcases latest innovations at Gitex
Dubai, October 20, 2013
Inmarsat, a leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, is showcasing its latest innovations at InfoComm MEA 2013, during the Gitex Technology Week, which started today (October 20).
It includes BGAN High Data Rate (BGAN HDR), a revolutionary service for broadcasters, delivering a step-change in video quality for journalists and L-TAC, Inmarsat’s unique solution to extend the reach of UHF radios used by the world’s militaries.
Additionally, Inmarsat will be offering an update on its Global Xpress (GX) service, said a statement.
With the first launch on schedule for December and full global coverage on course to be achieved by the end of 2014, GX will be the world’s first globally available high-speed broadband network. It will offer a combination of global coverage from a single operator, consistent higher performance of up to 50Mbps, and the network reliability, it said.
The BGAN HDR service is scheduled to ‘go live’ globally in November. Its full channel option will provide broadcasters with an expected streaming rate of around 650kbps, while Cobham Satcom’s Explorer 710, the first terminal to access the HDR service, has a built-in bonding capability, enabling connection speeds above 1mbps.
Inmarsat will also welcome partners and customers to its Technology Showcase on October 21.
In addition, the event will include displays of BGAN Push to Talk, a rugged voice dispatch and communication system; low profile ruggedized BGAN, a surveillance system; M2M, long term machine-to-machine management; fleet management via IsatData Pro, a two-way short message service for M2M communication; and the mobile data node which provides access to mobile applications delivered to smartphones and tablet devices in remote, hostile and extreme environments. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub