Du’s smart technologies for 'a happier world'
Dubai, October 20, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator du is showcasing how smart technologies make life easier, quicker, more convenient and reliable at Gitex 2013, which began today (October 20).
It is showcasing the best of current technologies. Visitors can experience du’s smart technologies and future vision for government, health, education, living, office, shopping and travel.
In September this year, UAE was selected as the 14th happiest nation in the world and the first among Arab countries in the second UN World Happiness Report.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, said: “Our goal is to achieve the happiness of our people, and their satisfaction is the gauge of our success.”
CEO Osman Sultan said: “Inspired by the vision of Sheikh Mohammed for a happier UAE, for us, happiness of our individual and business customers is the next big smart idea. We want to show not only how technology enriches our lives today, but also demonstrate how smart technology can bring happiness to our world – and how it will be the cornerstone for a brighter, prosperous tomorrow.”
Du’s stand at Gitex offers a plethora of services for every visitor. It includes innovative mobile service, smart health, retail and wellness-related initiatives to new mobile technologies for individuals and businesses.
Visitors representing large businesses and SMEs can expect creative execution of a range of du’s current and futuristic solutions and services in an interactive and engaging manner. Many innovative business services and ICT solutions will also be demonstrated for the very first time. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m