Mobily starts special service for Hajj customers
Riyadh, October 13, 2013
Mobily, a leading mobile operator in Saudi Arabia, said it will be providing the pilgrims and visitors to Hajj with its local number service for the sixth successive year.
This service allows the pilgrims to get a Mobily number on the same sim card they used in their homeland. Accordingly, they will be able to make/receive local and international calls on the number of Mobily on mobile phone as the case with an international number, said the statement from Mobily.
The Saudi telecom firm said this novel service permits the user of Mobily’s prepaid cards to charge local number. When the user logs on Mobily network, he then receives a welcome message explains the way of using this service.
This is one of the advanced services enabling the pilgrims who wish to use their local number and retain their international numbers, to keep them on permanent contact, said the company in a statement.
According to Mobily, the service is being provided through POS deployed in the holy places, land and sea ports, international airports and Miqat sites. The telecom group said all Mobily branches across the Kingdom were prepared to activate this service.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying