Oman entities to take part in Gitex
Muscat, October 10, 2013
Key Oman entities are set to take part in the Gitex Technology Week, with the aim to boost its opportunities in regional and international arenas.
The event will take place from October 20 to 24 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
The sultanate’s participation comes under ‘eOman,’ comprising the Information Technology Authority (ITA), Knowledge Oasis Muscat (KOM) and a number of government entities, besides private companies specialised in the ICT field.
The earmarked space at the exhibition will be divided into two sections – one dedicated to government institutions and the other to private sector entities.
"The Sultanate’s participation at Gitex 2013, which comes under the umbrella of eOman, aspires to identify brand-new global developments triggered in the field of ICT. We strive through our participation to achieve a number of objectives, notably to attract investment, promote SMEs, and spotlight a number of successful models of e-Projects in the public and private sectors," said Dr Salim bin Sultan Al Ruzaiqi, CEO of ITA.
"ITA will highlight its pioneering e-Projects, which comprise National e-Payment Gateway, the official e-Government services portal, National Technology Business Entrepreneurship (SAS), and Oman National Computer Emergency Readiness Team (OCERT). Other government institutions taking part in the event include Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Manpower, and Public Authority for Consumer Protection,” said Dr Al Ruzaiqi.
Mohamed bin Hamad Al Maskari, director general of KOM, said: "We aim to enhance the marketing campaign of KOM as Oman’s flagship technology park. KOM officials will introduce to leading investors, experts, specialists and those interested in the ICT field, the vision and mission of KOM.”
"At Gitex 2013, KOM seeks to attract investment, and entice private institutions and entrepreneurs through the promotion of investment fundamentals and opportunities. Moreover, we will promote the facility building, which will provide a variety of services such as shopping centre, banks, restaurants, multi-purpose hall, hotel rooms and office space, expected to be completed soon."
Other local companies to take part include Infoline, Infocomm, the National Business Centre and Public Establishment for Industrial Estates’ (PEIE) IT department. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution