French institute opens multimedia lab in Bahrain
Manama, October 2, 2013
French institute and cultural centre Alliance Francaise has joined hands with Lightspeed Communications, a fixed-line telecommunications operator, to open a new multimedia language lab in Bahrain.
Alliance Francaise’s mission is to create and offer in Bahrain innovative and unique programs in education and the arts that explore the evolving diversity and richness of French culture.
The aim is to generate new ideas and promote cross-cultural dialogue through partnerships and new platforms of expression, said a senior official.
"We pride ourselves on equipping our students with the best educational tools there is to offer. In our technological-driven age, high speed internet and up-to-date e-learning programmes are an absolute necessity," remarked the institute director Christophe Freschi.
The multimedia language lab sponsored by the French Embassy comprises 13 computers, a short focal video projector and a Smartboard (Interactive White Board).
The institute has a cultural calendar filled with many events from musicians, artists, cuisines, etc. bringing a small part of the deep French culture to Bahrain.
Philippe Baudin, the CEO of Lightspeed Communications saidm, “Being part of this great new step in e-learning for Bahrain is a great honour and we are enthusiastic in playing a small part in introducing the French language and culture."
"We look forward to a successful partnership and will continue to set high standards and pioneering solutions for the Alliance Francaise and all our customers," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services