ICT Fund to unveil projects at Gitex
Dubai, October 1, 2013
ICT Fund, an initiative by UAE’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), is set to reveal a range of projects that support ICT research and development in the country.
The fund, which supports the national ICT sector through financing innovative projects in the UAE, will announce the details during its participation in the Gitex Technology Week starting in Dubai on October 20.
The target goals of the fund are to develop the ICT industry, foster R&D, encourage capacity building and enhance education and training in the field of ICT, said a statement.
In addition, the ICT Fund will share updates on new projects it is supporting within the Arabic digital content initiative, with a dedicated Dh25 million ($6.8 million).
The entity will also share updates on its 2014 Betha student scholarship programme, an initiative to enhance the stature and role of the national education sector through supporting and sponsoring scientifically distinguished students to boost the education process in the UAE in all scientific majors that are based on the UAE needs.
Omar Mohammed Al Mahmoud, acting CEO, said: “We look at Gitex Technology Week to being more than just an exhibition; it's a platform for creativity and innovation in technology. This year we will announce a range of projects that support our research and development pillar along with initiatives that support the growth of Arabic digital content and the latest updates on the Betha scholarship programme.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum