ICT Fund to unveil projects at Gitex
Dubai, October 1, 2013
ICT Fund, an initiative by UAE’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), is set to reveal a range of projects that support ICT research and development in the country.
The fund, which supports the national ICT sector through financing innovative projects in the UAE, will announce the details during its participation in the Gitex Technology Week starting in Dubai on October 20.
The target goals of the fund are to develop the ICT industry, foster R&D, encourage capacity building and enhance education and training in the field of ICT, said a statement.
In addition, the ICT Fund will share updates on new projects it is supporting within the Arabic digital content initiative, with a dedicated Dh25 million ($6.8 million).
The entity will also share updates on its 2014 Betha student scholarship programme, an initiative to enhance the stature and role of the national education sector through supporting and sponsoring scientifically distinguished students to boost the education process in the UAE in all scientific majors that are based on the UAE needs.
Omar Mohammed Al Mahmoud, acting CEO, said: “We look at Gitex Technology Week to being more than just an exhibition; it's a platform for creativity and innovation in technology. This year we will announce a range of projects that support our research and development pillar along with initiatives that support the growth of Arabic digital content and the latest updates on the Betha scholarship programme.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'