Batelco upgrades 4G LTE speed to 150Mbps
Manama, September 26, 2013
Batelco, a leading mobile services provider in Bahrain, has announced the enhancement of its 4G LTE network speed from up to 100 Mbps to up to 150 Mbps.
Batelco was the first telecom provider to launch 4G LTE network in the country, which started operation in early 2013 with up to 100 Mbps download speed, a company statement said.
“We have always committed ourselves to provide our customers with state of the art technologies and innovative services. Our 4G LTE network enhancement is a part of a series of rollouts that has been deployed as a result of our ongoing commitment and investment in the Kingdom’s infrastructure,” said Batelco general manager Consumer Division Muna Al Hashemi.
“We understand the needs and requirements of our customers in all sectors. Based on this knowledge, we offer variety of packages and solutions to ensure delivery of an exceptional experience,” added Al Hashemi.
4G LTE Mobile Broadband is available to all our postpaid and prepaid mobile customers who can now enjoy a maximum of 150Mbps download speed over any compatible device, which will ensure instant access without waiting, streaming without buffering and an enhanced online gaming experience, in addition to super fast download and also upload speeds, the statement said.
The new speed will be available to all new customers while Batelco’s existing 4G/LTE customers will be upgraded automatically, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions