Bahrain internet society plans key seminar
Manama, September 24, 2013
The Bahrain Internet Society (BIS) in association with Inception Consultancy is organising a specialised seminar on long-run incremental cost (LRIC) in the telecommunications industry next month.
The two-day event will be held on October 1 and 2, at the Al Murjan Ballroom, Movenpick Hotel, Muharraq.
BIS board member Ali Al Mishal said the society has communicated with its members through electronic invitations, and urged all specialists in the fields of costing, wholesale, research and auditing staff members working in the telecommunication industry to participate and benefit.
The seminar will cover specialised topics including the impact of evolving networks, constraints on effectiveness of planning and fixed versus variable costs, NGA, NGNs, VoIP, annualisation reaching to LRIC model covering both mobile and fixed networks.
In regards to economic aspects, the seminar will discuss price floors and ceilings.
This seminar is supported by Tamkeen, and the Telecom Regulatory Authority, on the basis of analysis of the needs of the telecommunications industry.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network