VIVA Bahrain welcomes spectrum allocation
Manama, September 23, 2013
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has allocated spectrum to VIVA Bahrain enabling it to deploy 4G/LTE services on its high-speed network across the kingdom.
The spectrum allocation was implemented by an award process by the TRA in accordance with Bahrain's Telecommunications Law.
"We are delighted with the positive outcome and are thankful to the TRA for the fairness and swiftness of the award process, held under the supervision of TRA chairman Dr Mohammed A Al Amer," said VIVA chief executive Ulaiyan Al Wetaid.
"This is a step forward for Bahrain that will lead to the provisioning of faster and more widespread mobile broadband, and will provide substantial benefits for consumers and businesses across the country," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues