Batelco launches 4G LTE backup solution
Manama, September 21, 2013
Batelco, the Kingdom’s leading end-to-end telecom provider, has launched a new option for Data backup solutions over its 4G LTE Network to support the requirements of its business customers that compliments its wide range of backup options such as ISDN, DSL, MPLS.
The 4G LTE backup solution will provide business customers with 4G LTE backup connectivity for Datacom services such as MPLS, Inet Dedicated and GMPLS (Global MPLS).
Advanced telecommunication products and services are key to ensuring that the Kingdom remains competitive in the region’s business market and without a doubt Batelco’s 4G network will be a significant benefit for all sectors including financial, health, education and sports, said a statement from Batelco.
Batelco’s backup solution ensures business continuity in the rare case of a main link failure. Providing alternative methods for backup is the industry’s best practice, enabling business customers to continue their operations should the need arise, it stated.
The backup service is provided via a 4G LTE router meaning it is quick and easy to install and at a low cost. In the unusual case of degradation of the main copper or fiber link, the backup service will automatically come into operation, serving the organization’s needs until the main connection is restored.
4G LTE provides the ultimate mobile experience with amazing download speeds. 4G (Fourth Generation) is a wireless technology that is designed to reduce the time it takes to transfer and receive data online.
LTE (Long Term Evolution), which significantly boosts customer experience has tremendous potential thanks to speeds not previously available in the Kingdom of Bahrain, which ensures instant access without waiting, streaming without buffering , in addition to super fast download and upload speeds.
Batelco Enterprise GM Adel Daylami said Batelco fully understands the needs of its business customers and proactively acts to fulfill them through providing customers with the most innovative products and services.
“Businesses, specifically the banking sector, today operate in a very competitive environment; it is therefore crucial for any business to be able to meet the needs of its clients 24/7 and Batelco is committed to helping their business customers meet their obligations,” he said.
The launch of the 4G LTE Backup Solution contributes to Batelco’s ongoing enhancements to its portfolio of business services, added Daylami.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services