Batelco launches 4G LTE backup solution
Manama, September 21, 2013
Batelco, the Kingdom’s leading end-to-end telecom provider, has launched a new option for Data backup solutions over its 4G LTE Network to support the requirements of its business customers that compliments its wide range of backup options such as ISDN, DSL, MPLS.
The 4G LTE backup solution will provide business customers with 4G LTE backup connectivity for Datacom services such as MPLS, Inet Dedicated and GMPLS (Global MPLS).
Advanced telecommunication products and services are key to ensuring that the Kingdom remains competitive in the region’s business market and without a doubt Batelco’s 4G network will be a significant benefit for all sectors including financial, health, education and sports, said a statement from Batelco.
Batelco’s backup solution ensures business continuity in the rare case of a main link failure. Providing alternative methods for backup is the industry’s best practice, enabling business customers to continue their operations should the need arise, it stated.
The backup service is provided via a 4G LTE router meaning it is quick and easy to install and at a low cost. In the unusual case of degradation of the main copper or fiber link, the backup service will automatically come into operation, serving the organization’s needs until the main connection is restored.
4G LTE provides the ultimate mobile experience with amazing download speeds. 4G (Fourth Generation) is a wireless technology that is designed to reduce the time it takes to transfer and receive data online.
LTE (Long Term Evolution), which significantly boosts customer experience has tremendous potential thanks to speeds not previously available in the Kingdom of Bahrain, which ensures instant access without waiting, streaming without buffering , in addition to super fast download and upload speeds.
Batelco Enterprise GM Adel Daylami said Batelco fully understands the needs of its business customers and proactively acts to fulfill them through providing customers with the most innovative products and services.
“Businesses, specifically the banking sector, today operate in a very competitive environment; it is therefore crucial for any business to be able to meet the needs of its clients 24/7 and Batelco is committed to helping their business customers meet their obligations,” he said.
The launch of the 4G LTE Backup Solution contributes to Batelco’s ongoing enhancements to its portfolio of business services, added Daylami.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite