Etisalat unveils special network apps offer
Abu Dhabi, September 21, 2013
Etisalat has launched its new 'Social Pack' offer aimed specifically at smartphone users of the popular social networking applications BlackBerry Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter.
The new Social Pack’s launch is timed to coincide with that of the new cross-platform BlackBerry Messenger application, which can be used with all Etisalat data packages, said a statement from the top UAE telecom services operator.
It is available to all pre- and post-paid customers across all major operating systems: Android, iOS, BB10 and Windows Phone, and can be used in addition to all existing smartphone data packages.
The Social Pack provides subscribers with unlimited data to all four of these apps, which allow users to stay connected with friends and family members, at a daily price of Dh2 or Dh49 ($13.3) for a month.
The other Internet usage and external links are not included, said the statement.
Chief marketing officer Khaled El Khouly said: “Social networking applications are very popular in the UAE, particularly among young people. This new proposition allows subscribers to connect to their friends and family quickly and easily for less money than ever before. It is a great deal.”
"The best part is, for all social networking butterflies, daily subscribers are only charged for the days they use the package. If you don’t use BlackBerry Messenger, Tweet, check Facebook or use WhatsApp for a day, you don’t get charged," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award