Etisalat unveils special network apps offer
Abu Dhabi, September 21, 2013
Etisalat has launched its new 'Social Pack' offer aimed specifically at smartphone users of the popular social networking applications BlackBerry Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter.
The new Social Pack’s launch is timed to coincide with that of the new cross-platform BlackBerry Messenger application, which can be used with all Etisalat data packages, said a statement from the top UAE telecom services operator.
It is available to all pre- and post-paid customers across all major operating systems: Android, iOS, BB10 and Windows Phone, and can be used in addition to all existing smartphone data packages.
The Social Pack provides subscribers with unlimited data to all four of these apps, which allow users to stay connected with friends and family members, at a daily price of Dh2 or Dh49 ($13.3) for a month.
The other Internet usage and external links are not included, said the statement.
Chief marketing officer Khaled El Khouly said: “Social networking applications are very popular in the UAE, particularly among young people. This new proposition allows subscribers to connect to their friends and family quickly and easily for less money than ever before. It is a great deal.”
"The best part is, for all social networking butterflies, daily subscribers are only charged for the days they use the package. If you don’t use BlackBerry Messenger, Tweet, check Facebook or use WhatsApp for a day, you don’t get charged," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit