Batelco, Huawei extend partnership
Manama, September 17, 2013
Batelco, a leading telecom group in Bahrain, and Huawei, a major ICT solutions provider, have signed an agreement to further enhance their long standing relationship at the Bahrain- China Business Forum in Beijing.
Batelco’s chairman Shaikh Hamad bin Abdulla Al Khalifa and Shi Yaohong, president of Huawei Middle East signed the Memorandum of Understanding.
“We are pleased to continue working with Huawei, given their world class experience,” Shaikh Hamad said.
“Huawei has been a key partner in providing Batelco with innovative telecommunications solutions over the past few years and we appreciate their invaluable contribution towards our successful delivery of key services for our customers,” he added.
Shi Yaohong said: “Around the world Huawei is committed to supporting our partners in connecting communities and enriching people’s lives through better communication solutions.”
“Batelco has long delivered on such projects by providing its customers with cutting-edge fixed and wireless services. Over the years Huawei has supported Batelco with innovative telecommunications solutions, and through this latest global alliance, we look forward to bringing additional value to the organization and to Batelco’s customers worldwide,” he added.
Huawei has been a partner of Batelco for a long time and provides various ICT solutions to support Batelco’s services to its customers, including work on the country’s nationwide next generation network and high speed internet broadband.
The agreement will further strengthen the cooperative relationship between Batelco and Huawei, and open new prospects for further coordination and cooperation between the two companies globally, a Batelco statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network