Etisalat group CEO awarded
Dubai, September 15, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat Group’s chief executive officer Ahmad Abdul Karim Julfar received the ‘CEO of the Year Award – Telecom.'
The winners were handpicked by a specialist panel of 19 judges, who evaluated about 982 entries, out of which they shortlisted 50 candidates. Following a closed voting, 16 winners were announced in the 16 categories.
The CEO Awards recognise and reward outstanding success, innovation and ethics across Middle Easter businesses.
WalidAkawi, ITP CEO, said: “Julfar is an inspirational business leader. He leads one of the most successful and pioneering telecom groups in the entire region which now has a global footprint in 15 countries spanning over the Middle East, Africa and Asia. The wisdom, leadership and experience of Mr. Julfar certainly contributed to all that success of Etisalat Group.”
The award was given out at a special dinner held recently at the Jumeirah Emirates Tower, Dubai. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award