Mobily provides free Wi-Fi in Saudi beaches
Riyadh, September 8, 2013
Mobily, a leading mobile operator in Saudi Arabia, has added over 40 access points to provide free Internet services for the visitors to the Dammam and the north Khobar beach.
With this new service, locals and visitors in the Eastern Province will be able to enjoy free Wi-Fi high-speed internet at these beaches, said a statement from Mobily.
The telecom operator had previously covered the beach of Jeddah with high-speed Wi-Fi Internet, it stated.
Lauding Mobily's services, Eastern Province’s Mayor Fahd Aljubair, said the broadband access across the two cities is part of an economic development strategy that reflects the integration between the public and private sectors.
"This strategic partnership with Mobily ensures the best services and Wi-Fi facilities for the visitors of the two beaches," he remarked.
Aljubair pointed out that the Eastern Province municipality was working to transform Dammam and Alkhobar into smart cities as part of its development program in the region.
Mobily’s CEO Khalid Al Kaf said this project reflects the company’s devotion to participate in the governmental projects and to play a major role in the integration between the public and private sectors as part of its corporate social responsibility.
"The company also aims at enriching people’s lives with the latest technology utilizing its networks and infrastructures to keep the people connected," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum