Mobily provides free Wi-Fi in Saudi beaches
Riyadh, September 8, 2013
Mobily, a leading mobile operator in Saudi Arabia, has added over 40 access points to provide free Internet services for the visitors to the Dammam and the north Khobar beach.
With this new service, locals and visitors in the Eastern Province will be able to enjoy free Wi-Fi high-speed internet at these beaches, said a statement from Mobily.
The telecom operator had previously covered the beach of Jeddah with high-speed Wi-Fi Internet, it stated.
Lauding Mobily's services, Eastern Province’s Mayor Fahd Aljubair, said the broadband access across the two cities is part of an economic development strategy that reflects the integration between the public and private sectors.
"This strategic partnership with Mobily ensures the best services and Wi-Fi facilities for the visitors of the two beaches," he remarked.
Aljubair pointed out that the Eastern Province municipality was working to transform Dammam and Alkhobar into smart cities as part of its development program in the region.
Mobily’s CEO Khalid Al Kaf said this project reflects the company’s devotion to participate in the governmental projects and to play a major role in the integration between the public and private sectors as part of its corporate social responsibility.
"The company also aims at enriching people’s lives with the latest technology utilizing its networks and infrastructures to keep the people connected," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project